featured

IT'S EVERYWHERE! IT'S EVERYWHERE!!

11:37 PMUnknown



Since our announcement to adopt our first child, I have been amazed at the kindness we have been shown. I love the fact that so many people are excited about this journey that God has Kim and I on.  It reminds me of how truly blessed we are and how God places people in your path to help you along the way. This adventure will not be short of twists and turns and from the looks of all the paper work(sigh) we received at our first home study the fun is just beginning.  Lol

One of the cool things I am experiencing through this adoption process is how God is placing people in our path to affirm us. That may seem like a nonessential thing but trust me, it has been a river of blessing that has washed over us each time it occurs. It is always nice to know that God is sending little care packages to let us know that we are going in the right direction. For me, it has been a tremendous encouragement in clearing my heart of any fear or worry that may attempt to creep in. Even though those emotions may never fully stop, I find great peace in those moments where clarity rides shotgun. With so many questions and so many doubts, God just clears the air with a simple chat with a random mom who is raising 6 adopted children because she didn’t have the heart to separate them from each other or a coworker who shared her personal adoption story with me and I came away so uplifted. We have participated in Orphan Sunday.We have dined with new friends on their adoption journey. I love Uganda Night!!!  There is so much to share because God has given me the honor of meeting so many people and I have heard so many wonderful stories that have enriched my heart and strengthened my desire for adoption.  It is as if God is just waving his hands at me and saying, “Hey buddy, I got this” and then winks at me and smiles. Pretty awesome picture huh?


I said all that to say this that God is not hiding in the shadows expecting you and me to do things on our own. He is not absent or disinterested in where we are headed. He truly desires to make himself known in our lives because he loves us; no burning bushes or frogs falling from the sky but traveling down this adoption road he has used people, people who have been impacted by the love of God and a love for adoption. Their investment has spoken loudly in my life. To those who have shared their journey with me, I count them as treasures and I am grateful for how God is using them in my life for his glory and for the blessing of adoption. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am so happy for you both, and LOVE every blog you add, excited for the next one. You should write a book about your journey, it is well written, very interesting, and could help others, along with being a best seller, it would allow you both to be home , not missing anything. That is awesomeness <3 :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form