KTBA - DAY 4

6:45 PMAnonymous


Emotional Labour- I know that this comes in different forms depending on what your journey is. I also know that this is not only secluded to foster/adoptive parents. Here is what is going on with me: I may never ever experience the physical travail that is child birth. But I feel the fatigue, the anticipation, the hope, the worry, the stress, the fear, and one day I will feel the complete joy and love that erases the rest of everything that has been endured in this process. I fluctuate between patient calmness as we wait for our baby to grow in another woman's body and impatient fear about the what if's what if not's. The one thing about this type of Labour is here is no time line to be sure of. Somewhere there is a woman counting down 40 weeks. For me, her 40 weeks may not have even started or it could be almost complete. I don't know. God knows. And there is certainly peace in that.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form